Our Work

This blog is primarily run by our Room 5 students, so there may be occasional errors in our writing but please do not let that put you off enjoying our amazing year that is 2014!

Wednesday, 6 August 2014

Inquiry in Room 5


In Room 5 this term our Inquiry topic is ‘Diversity’ and we have been learning about our heritage, traditions and culture.

As part of our learning we have been creating an ‘All about me’ booklet. Here are the steps we have taken so far:

Step one: We had to bring in our photos of our family and glue them into our booklets.

Step two: When we had glued in our photos we started to write about our family traditions which are special only to our families.

Below are my special traditions.


Xander’s Family Traditions:
At Christmas time if I’m with my Dad we go to Whitianga for Christmas. Sometimes we go to my big brother’s house and all my Dad’s family come with us. We also go fishing when we are in Whitianga.

When I’m with my Mum for Christmas we go up north with Kiana , Deakan, Sam, Nick, Mum and Paul. We take the bus up north and when we get there we go and see our family and friends. After that that we go to the camping grounds and we set up the tent. People sleep in the bus and some people sleep in the tent.

That’s my family tradition.  

By Xander   

These are some photos of my 'All about Me' booklet:
 This is where I will put my Siapo art once I am finished
 My cool family :)
 All about my traditions


Our Room 5 photo board showing our different cultures

No comments:

Post a Comment